new member scotland

hi there. new on here and about to buy a tomtom so hopefully i will get all the info needed to make the right choice.

bob.

Welcome to the forum Bob, what features do you want from the device:

Map coverage, UK, Full Europe, Europe & USA
mp3 player
Widescreen
FM Tx
Bluetooth Audio output
Mobile phone handsfree
Live services:
HD Traffic
Google Search

I could list quite a few more "options" but this might be a start point, let us know what you expect from the unit and we can then suggest a couple of models and where to get them from - Mike

Hi, another new member.
After visiting Florida last year, need to reduce the stress of driving in N America.
Looking at Tom Tom Sat Nav to solve the problem, (so many) .
looking for Map coverage for UK, Europe, USA .
Safety camera warning
Speed warning
not so important - moblie hands free - MP3 - FM Tx

is there Sat Nav unit that will return you to parked car in Florida theme car parks.

As I am on a fixed income do not want to spend a fortune on Sat Nav

Have the loan of a Tomtom One ( 3rd edition ) which is very limited .

Thanks

Hi, another new member.
After visiting Florida last year, need to reduce the stress of driving in N America.

More stress than driving in London?? :D

Looking at Tom Tom Sat Nav to solve the problem, (so many) .
looking for Map coverage for UK, Europe, USA .
Safety camera warning
Speed warning
not so important - moblie hands free - MP3 - FM Tx

You don't say where you plan to purchase the unit, UK or US but I'd suggest a 930. It comes with both NA and WE maps. Yes, it does come with moblie hands free - MP3 - FM Tx as well. If you don't want those features and you plan to buy in the US, there is a 540s World Traveller. It also comes with NA and WE maps. But it's listed for $350US. Another option is a 730 which is cheaper than a 930 (or should be). Comes with maps of NA (or WE if bought in Europe) and you can buy the other map and install on a sdhc card in the unit.

is there Sat Nav unit that will return you to parked car in Florida theme car parks.

Well, if you park the car, you can set the location as a favourite. It'll establish the location by lat/long. But the tomtom is a road gps, not off-road. As such, if you have the unit in a different car, it won't be able to navigate to that favourite, only the closest mapped road. You may (I'm not sure) use 'walking route' in planning preferences and navigate to favourite. That may get you back to your car. No guarantees,

As I am on a fixed income do not want to spend a fortune on Sat Nav

What's expensive to one may not be to another.

macfifer

Hi ,
Thanks for the info
Planing to buy Sat Nav in the UK .
Going to USA in Sept 2010
Friend I met in Orlando (2009 ) claims his Gar--n take him back to his car at theme parks ?

Reading other post's battery life in Sat Nav is limited , if your are walking .

Hiring Sat Nav from Car Rental , USA $12.00 per day plus tax , buying a Sat Nav I would have a return on money spent .

Cheers

Macfifer

930 with European and USA mapping is probably the best option, don't be put off by the refurb label as these units are as good as new (and I don't work for TT before you ask) - see Here
Less than half price from when they first went on sale, and to be honest a 930 can outperform the very latest 950 in terms of capability/ versatility if you want to use it on both sides of the "Pond" - Mike

Ask a Question