Naming Favorites

TomTom Model(s)
Go 920
I often set favorites using Operate my Go through TomTom Home. How can I type capital letters? Is there any way to have the location named first, then the street number and name? Whenever I try this it gives me the number first, then the names. I like to have the name and number so I can make sure I find the exact location.
Go 920, Home 2.7.5.2014, Navigator 8.351
Thanks,
Andy

If, at your computer, you convert your Favourites to Custom POIs you not only won't loose them during an OS upgrade (those in the know say there's little chance for we 9xx users) but you will be able to name them anything you want by opening them in TYRE. The reason for that seems to be that TYRE keeps the types address and the co-ordinates in separate registers so, changing the named portion does not change the location.
This does have an additional advantage. Ofter our maps are out by up to 1/8 mile from the postal addresses given. Opening the co-ordinate part of TYRE, the pin can now be dragged to the exact, correct location.

I have a few custom POI categories, typically made for extended trips where I enter addresses for potential motels, friends and places I want to visit.
10425 Main Street, That Town, CA
means very little when I look at those points, sorted by distance from current location. Looking for:
Uncle Henry ...... 10425 Main Street, That Town, CA
will be easily found.

Of course, Navigate to ... a POI will take 1 or 2 taps more than selecting a Favourite.

Ask a Question