MyDrive Connect "waiting for device"

Just a quick note to close my correspondence...
After the GO 5000 "ceased to function following an update", the holiday was imminent so I needed a satnav hence bought a GO Discover 6".
Sadly, it needs a mobile's Wi-Fi hotspot to obtain traffic updates so not as simple to plug in and go as the old one. Fortunately, my mobile supplier upped the data allowance unprompted so I'll see how much of the allowance gets eaten up.
As to getting any meaningful response out of TomTom? Some many months afterwards, I was offered 20% off list price voucher of a couple of models (left on the shelf perhaps?). I've not had a reply to my request to have the voucher issued as a cash refund.
Oh well.

Just a quick note to close my correspondence...
After the GO 5000 "ceased to function following an update", the holiday was imminent so I needed a satnav hence bought a GO Discover 6".
Sadly, it needs a mobile's Wi-Fi hotspot to obtain traffic updates so not as simple to plug in and go as the old one. Fortunately, my mobile supplier upped the data allowance unprompted so I'll see how much of the allowance gets eaten up.
As to getting any meaningful response out of TomTom? Some many months afterwards, I was offered 20% off list price voucher of a couple of models (left on the shelf perhaps?). I've not had a reply to my request to have the voucher issued as a cash refund.
Oh well.
Source TomTom
How much data do TomTom services use?
On average, driving one hour a day during peak hours will use around 7MB of data per month.

Ask a Question