Missing the turn again and again

I am using TT 730 and in general pretty happy with the device. Though I have a few problems but I am a relatively newbie driver.

E.g. when I miss a right turn (which to be done with a right lane) on a 3 lane highway it quickly (may be too quickly) recalcs a new route and suggests to do a left turn in a few hundred meters. I usually don't have enough time to make a lane change from the right lane to middle lane and then to the left lane, so I miss the recalced turn again, then (by this time I am already in a left lane) TT suggest me to turn right in a few hundred metters - which is problematic if the traffic is not scarce. That makes me really mad!!!

Is there an option to tell TT to give driver some more room for the maneuvre (based on a current speed or if I could set - e.g. only show me the turns which a further than 800 meters).

Thank you.

The easy-out way would be to stop changing lanes! I'm not joking or pulling your leg, don't worry!

If the roads are close-by, depending on the speed and traffic, staying in the right line might be easier if you are already there so, simply ignore the left turn request unless you've been driving a while without right turn indication.

There's no ways to change the warning time. If it's done recalculating and the next turn is 10 feet ahead, that's the one you will get. The TomTom don't know there's 5-6 cars and 2 lanes blocking your way so it assumes you can make it.

I am using TT 730 and in general pretty happy with the device. Though I have a few problems but I am a relatively newbie driver.

E.g. when I miss a right turn (which to be done with a right lane) on a 3 lane highway it quickly (may be too quickly) recalcs a new route and suggests to do a left turn in a few hundred meters. I usually don't have enough time to make a lane change from the right lane to middle lane and then to the left lane, so I miss the recalced turn again, then (by this time I am already in a left lane) TT suggest me to turn right in a few hundred metters - which is problematic if the traffic is not scarce. That makes me really mad!!!

Is there an option to tell TT to give driver some more room for the maneuvre (based on a current speed or if I could set - e.g. only show me the turns which a further than 800 meters).

Thank you.

Go to voice preferences and then speech preferences to the next page and make sure you uncheck diable early warning instructions and uncheck diable keep to highway lane instructions. nothing else can really be done.

Ask a Question