Go 720 no sound when missing my turn .

TomTom Model(s)
TT GO 720
Hi
Used 720 for couple days
I need to know : How come TT GO 720 no sound when I missed my turns this morning , it din't say ( re-calcutating ) likes Garmin .

My friend has Garmin 650 , it tell you ( re-calculating ) right away when you miss your turn .

Do I need to set up something for my 720 or it does't has this option ?

Thanks,

Last edited:
My friend has Garmin 650 , it tell you ( re-calculating ) right away when you miss your turn .
The processor in the tomtoms is a lot faster than the garmin units (Just look at how fast it refreshes the map). Garmin says recalculating to buy some time, that way you know its doing something and not just lost. Tomtom just shows you the new route and starts giving you directions at appropriate time.:D

No, the TomTom doesn't say anything when you miss the turn. And this option isn't available. Would you like a voice that scolds you?:rolleyes:

The processor in the tomtoms is a lot faster than the garmin units (Just look at how fast it refreshes the map). Garmin says recalculating to buy some time, that way you know its doing something and not just lost. Tomtom just shows you the new route and starts giving you directions at appropriate time.:D

Thanks bilybob for replied.

I have another question :
I used TT home download Arrival sounds ( saved it in Customvoice folder ).

When I'v reached my distination it din't tell me anything .
I don't know how come it doesn't work ?

If you are using the computer voice on tomtom (the one that speaks street names etc), you can't use custom sounds with that.

To be honest, I haven't played with too many different voices since TTS doesn't work unless you use the computer voice and I like to know the street name while I am driving so that I don't have to look at the unit itself.

Maybe one of our experts like DHN would chime in:p

If you are using the computer voice on tomtom (the one that speaks street names etc), you can't use custom sounds with that.

To be honest, I haven't played with too many different voices since TTS doesn't work unless you use the computer voice and I like to know the street name while I am driving so that I don't have to look at the unit itself.

Maybe one of our experts like DHN would chime in:p

Hardly an 'expert' .... :)

Anyway, my understanding is that you can set TT to have one voice (Computer voice for example) for normal speaking of street names while another sound is used for warnings. Does that help?

Ask a Question