Missing Highway Speeds

sab

TomTom Model(s)
540M XXL
Well once again I have embarked on another family summer vacation (family includes TomTom). 18 hours of driving from Montreal to Myrtle beach.

Around here in Myrtle Beach there were a few highways that had no speed limit on the TT map so I added them as I was going through which brought up a couple of questions.

A- If I buy a new map next week for example and drive through the same area will my unit show the speed limits that I have added with the old map?

B- How long will it take TT and Map Share to get all you people the speed limits I put in?

A = No
B = A long time

Map Share corrections won't necessarily transfer to a new map as the road structure could well be different making MapShare changes invalid (they might even mess up a new map in certain cases).

As for how long they will take to correct the data who knows, I have seen a few local changes I made a while ago appear on the newer maps but its taken more than 12 months for this - Mike

Ask a Question