Lets poll TomTom!

I think I was right the first time.....so...

Hope this is alright to post here but thought I'd pop this out to get a bit of support for them to add this offcially. I've heard it's possible to hack the app but it doesn't work for me.
I have just written to them and the text is here;
Hi. I bought the TomTom app as I had the standalone device and thought this would replace it. It doesn't really in a few areas but the most important, (to me anyway), is the lack of ability to add my own POIs.
'A lot of businesses now make POIs available, one example of many that I use is Premier Travel inn' and when I'm at work it's a boon to be able to Navigate to.....>POI......>Premier Travel inn.
As is it I have the annoyance of having to carry two GPS units in the car. Twice the storage space is needed. Twice the money will be lost if they get stolen. Twice the windscreen space is needed. Twice the irritation I'm sure you can see.
How can I add my own?

If you have a Jail Broken iPhone you can add Custom POI files to the software in exactly the same way as you do with the PND units, there is no option for Warn When Near POI so using it for third party speed camera alerts is a waste of time, but the Navigate to/ POI works fine.
Bear in mind Jail Breaking the phone can/ will invalidate your warranty so think long and hard about this before doing it, I used "Red Snow" to JB my 3G 16GB phone but there are other applications to do this available, try a Google search - Mike

Ask a Question