Just curious...

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920(T)
I did a search for "how often do you" + maps and "how often" + maps, and was surprised to see that nobody asked how often you update your maps. Not that it makes much difference; after all to each his own.

But I was a bit curious though...how often do you update them? TomTom has updates quarterly. Do you always keep your maps(s) up to date or do you update them at certain intervals? (twice a year, annually)???

Myself, I treat updating my map(s) like the old school Perly's (the ones that were released annually). So, once a year I download a new map(s). :cool:
I'd keep them up to date more often, but I have a problem updating them as frequently when TomTom's pricing is so ridiculous. Quarterly updates are equal to approx. half of what the value of my GPS unit is. Just my thoughts on the pricing (a side rant).

I seem to be doing ok with annual updates. Just curious as to how the rest of you fare. :D

Check the actual costs involved as the Map Updates scheme where you get a new map every three months spread over a year is cheaper than updating the same map once per year - not by much but it is slightly less costly - Mike

As i know of now ......none of other brands that offer new map as cheap as tt ...& you get to do it quaterly ..
which you will be the first to catch a new changes on the map rather wait for the whole year .....IMO.
It's ok to update yearly though ...i myself prefer once a year ...also.

When maps were full price and really expensive a few years back, I only updated once every two years.

Now that Tomtom has the quarterly update service, I've been updating quarterly.

I didn't really plan on updating my map yearly but I have ended up updating it pretty much every year, during a map sale.

You know us Italians can't refuse a SPECIAL price :eek:

Hmmmm....

...it seems I'm on par with those of you who replied (updating annually). Oh well, like I said....to each his own. :D Very happy with my device.

Ask a Question