8.320 users curious about 8.302 ?

PSJ

TomTom Model(s)
GO 930 Plus Services, Traffic, Fuel prices
First a little background.

I started using navcore 8.320 right after 8.3 was released because of the stuttering and lag issues.

8.320 solved the stuttering problem and more or less solved the lag problem.

The only real problem with 8.320 was the " turn-itself-on-by-itself " bug.

In my case, the 930 would turn back on after shutdown either while in the car or on the PC dock. ( not real often like using the navcore 8.010 but from time to time )

Today out of curiosity I wiped the 930 and did a clean install of the newest navcore 8.302.

" So far " the 930 runs very well. No stuttering and no noticeable map lag.

Also " so far " the unit has stayed off when turned off either in the car or in the PC dock.

I'll have to watch it for a few days to see if the " turn-itself-on-by-itself " bug returns ! ( time will tell )

Using my findings " so far "....If your using 8.320 there is no real advantage in changing to the 8.302 version.

They look, feel, and act the very same !

Last edited:
More on that, I found that if I installed 8.320 with Loquendo 700 that the Loquendo 700 bug of "oh" being replaced with "west" ("one west one" instead of "one oh one") remained. I had to wipe out the Loquendo directory, uninstall the old firmware, and then reinstall the firmware and "Dave" voice to get the correct Loquendo version.

Ask a Question