I feel retarded - cannot pair BB 8320 and 920

I have read countless threads here and a few others have mentioned this problem but I can't seem to find the answer.

I just bought a 920 with the understanding that I would be able to tether it to my Blackberry 8320 with TMobile. My plan is a "blackberry" plan where I get unlimited data and emails and it's through work, a large accounting firm. I get so far as my Tomtom asking me "connect to 8320?", I say yes, and the progress bar begins to grow. Throughout this entire process my 8320 is prompting me for the password and I have entered '0000' enough times to make me sick but this cycle continues to repeat and the progress bar on the Tomtom never gets passed 10%.

I successfully paired the 920 to a AT&T black jack just to test the hands free capabilities and encountered no problems.

I'm getting upset and would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks

I have read countless threads here and a few others have mentioned this problem but I can't seem to find the answer.

I just bought a 920 with the understanding that I would be able to tether it to my Blackberry 8320 with TMobile. My plan is a "blackberry" plan where I get unlimited data and emails and it's through work, a large accounting firm. I get so far as my Tomtom asking me "connect to 8320?", I say yes, and the progress bar begins to grow. Throughout this entire process my 8320 is prompting me for the password and I have entered '0000' enough times to make me sick but this cycle continues to repeat and the progress bar on the Tomtom never gets passed 10%.

I successfully paired the 920 to a AT&T black jack just to test the hands free capabilities and encountered no problems.

I'm getting upset and would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Make sure that the BlackBerry is set to 'discoverable' in the BlueTooth preferences.

Rob

Yes the blackberry is set to 'available' or 'discoverable' or whatever it is.

Thanks anyways, anyone else?

is retarded a feeling?

It most certainly is... it's the feeling you get when you lock your keys in your car, the feeling that arises when you stub your toe, it's what you feel for the person that messes up 'they're' and 'their', for those with GEDs, and last but not least, the feeling that arises WHEN I CAN'T SYNC MY BLACKBERRY TO MY 920.

It most certainly is... it's the feeling you get when you lock your keys in your car, the feeling that arises when you stub your toe, it's what you feel for the person that messes up 'they're' and 'their', for those with GEDs, and last but not least, the feeling that arises WHEN I CAN'T SYNC MY BLACKBERRY TO MY 920.
i stand corrected! lol

Bump - I still can't get past 10% on the status bar and I am repeatedly prompted for the password '0000' but I cannot get past this step. Someone please help me before I'm retarded 24/7.

Bump - I still can't get past 10% on the status bar and I am repeatedly prompted for the password '0000' but I cannot get past this step. Someone please help me before I'm retarded 24/7.

I think you might have already tried to delete all paired phones from the TT and then do the pairing again. Make sure that the other paired phones have the Bluetooth switched off while you try pairing the Blackberry.

Always try and let the TT pair to your phone (Initiate the searching and let the TT pair to the phone, I understand that this is what you are doing), trying to start the pairing from the phone might not always work. So just use the phone to enter the password. Try a different password like 1234.

Is there an option in the phone to add TT as a trusted device or authorize all further connections or something similar (But this is applicable only after the pairing succeeds). This will avoid the phone asking for the password again and again.

Also check the TT website for compatible phone list.

Ask a Question