Itinerary file causes TomTom to reboot

Re TomTom.

I tried TomTom support a few weeks ago and after several message toing and froing they responded that because I had used a 3rd party, i.e. TYRE, to convert the files, there was nothing they would do as files created via 3rd party software could generate incompatible files!!!!

Hence, I found this forum which I have found very useful.
Ooooo.. of all of the 3rd party applications to dis, that would have been the LAST one I would have expected. I had always assumed they has some sort of special relationship with TomTom since someone supplied them with the hooks to integrate their application with Home2, the only such integration that I've EVER seen with Home2. Have I been reading too much into that over the years? Perhaps just a tolerated bit of reverse engineering?

Besides, there aren't any "first party" applications to do the same job <g>. Perhaps dhn will have better luck contacting them via the 'back door'.

51f76c731f408cb979250910421151273ff417c9236e6344e97c7d6ac843241c6g.jpg

I'm afraid that's symptomatic of a company so desperate to cut costs, that alienating people is considered better business than spending a little time trying to offer any actual support :mad:

As Canderson says, TomTom actually recommended Tyre as a companion for Home. IIRC, the integration definitely came from their side of the fence.

Ask a Question