Is there a TT that will do this?

Now, how the heck do you log a "miscellaneous" for TeleAtlas to tell them a street isn't any more divided in one place than another? Messy, messy.

I do a mapshare of"other" / "existing street", there's a "report something else" somewhere there where I write "street is not divided".

On my own device, I set up both sides of an undivided road as 2-way, so tomtom routes me down either side as appropriate. I only do it if a desired POI is there, since I have to do it again every 3 months.

As a side note, "Vi Road" approx across the street from the incorrect 7-11 location in that area does not exist, never has. It's a wooded area. Neither does Circle Road. That's a car wash. There's a lot of that in this area.

Is there any way to add a lane to an interstate via mapshare or the teleatlas site? When heading on I-4 westbound towards 275 North, (in fact where they meet) the ALG is showing only 3 total lanes when there are actually 4. this can cause confusion since pretty much each lane leads to its own highway or heading because I-4 dies/ends when it meets 275. I'll try to post some pics asap to show what I am talking about.

i42.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^How it really looks^^^^^^^^^^

dump1031287534.jpg

^^^^Here's the ALG reality view pic^^^^

Last edited:
does TA/TT assume all divided highways as having no turning lanes or turnabouts?

Most of the uturns are permitted, if you go to turn restrictions you'll see them. If you block alternative routes, tomtom will take the uturns, just adding 5 min to the estimated arrival time. And I've never seen an issue with a left turn unless there is a true turn restriction in the map (you can finally see all the restrictions with app 8.35x).

Is there any way to add a lane to an interstate via mapshare or the teleatlas site?

We have the same issue in Boston, an extra lane was added in the I-95 / I-93 interchange, southwest of Boston. Reality view doesn't have it. I just did the same "report other error" that I mentioned to canderson. We really never know what's the most effective with TA.

Most of the uturns are permitted, if you go to turn restrictions you'll see them. If you block alternative routes, tomtom will take the uturns, just adding 5 min to the estimated arrival time. And I've never seen an issue with a left turn unless there is a true turn restriction in the map (you can finally see all the restrictions with app 8.35x).

That would work if you know about them ahead of time. Just so odd for a routing algorithm to make that assumption IMO. It can end up creating some screwy routes. Midtown traffic can be tough enough to navigate without being sent around the block or thru residential neighborhoods.

I agree - Iqroutes is perfect 75% of the time for me. 10% of the issues are this uturn delay, and 15% of the issues are the 15mph bug.

It's like we're being teased. They're really really close to an awesome product, but these bugs prevent it.

BTW, I don't think I ever did congratulate you for bringing the 5 min U-turn handicap to our attention. It helps to explain some of those odd route results thrown at us on occasion. Thanks buddy.

Now the goal is getting these 2 bugs (uturn and 15mph) to Tomtom's attention - I've communicated to every contact I know.

Didn't some people at pgpsw publicly admit that they were navcore new-release beta testers - could you let those guys know?

I've told TomTom about the u-turn thing last year and they just gave me a generic response and apologized, although I didn't mention it in the way you did regarding the 5-minute penalty. We really just need the option to NOT avoid u-turns. I'll see if I can dig up that email from them.

Now thats what we want for the next hardware platform a true outside view with a decent widescreen perspective, I would also hope it offers a U-Turn/ No U-Turn option but we will have to wait and see, its hardly rocket sceince to add this capabilty during a Navcore update - Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jango814

Latest Threads

Back