Intersections

Because I am not certain I will keep my LIVE subscription, I have tried to limit my reliance on LIVE features. As a result, I use the Google option infrequently and only search for a company name when I get frustrated by TT Intersetion Search and know it's name, nearest cross streets, street it "faces" but not it's actual street number.

But I find here in LV when I know, for example that the business I want is on Eastern Avenue and the nearest major cross streets (intersection) is Eastern Avenue and Pecos Road, 95% of the time I cannot get TT address search to find the intersection. BECAUSE my TT740TM Live won't complete the search correctly unless I include the street direction N, E, S, W in front of the street name EVEN THOUGH ON STREET SIGNS the direction is not shown.

Yesterday I wanted quickest routing to the intersection of Eastern Avenue and Pecos Road. Only after I gave up and went to Google did I come to realize that the business I was looking for had an address on S. Eastern Avenue and the nearest intersection was with E. Pecos Road.

Is there any way to make the TT740TM search function bypass street compass directions (N, E, S, W) associated with the street name, so the intersection search can complete successfuly?

Is there any way to make the TT740TM search function bypass street compass directions (N, E, S, W) associated with the street name, so the intersection search can complete successfuly?
Not that I've ever seen, since the NESW are considered intrinsic parts of the actual street name in the map. Another little gotcha is that some municipalities don't always mark their signs on one "side" or the other, even though the "official" name on their maps includes them and is being picked up by the mapping services. For example, our little burg doesn't include N on the signs, does include S on the signs, and the official city maps show N as part of the street names in the northern half of town. They just let the "north" be implied, specifying only the "south" on the signs.

Ask a Question