Home Made Sun Shade - No Velcro!!!!

Any of you that are interested in a different easy to install sun shade for the TomTom GPS: take a look in the show off forum. I have posted pictures of a sun shade that just slides on from the top with no velcro or any other type of fasteners.

When are you sending me my evaluation copy? :D:D

(looks really good.....)

dhn:

Thanks for the compliments. Thought you might be bugging me for the pattern. LOL

I tried several different types before I hit on this one. I had one for my Third Edition made of thin flexible plastic held in place with velcro. It worked but was a bith of a bother to put on.

I LOVE TINKERING!!

Just a note....forum requires that you send dhn two examples of the product. He will send one to me:rolleyes:

Thanks for the thumbs up. It wouuld be easy to mass manufacture out of plastic,

It could have been formed out of one piece of aluminum, the top tab is the second piece, The popsicle sticks are doubled up on the inside top of the hood where it sits against the GPS just above the screen. I plan to put a strip of felt there too. The sticks stiffen the hood and could be eliminated with a foldover of aluminum,

This was my second attempt of this design and I did not fell like starting over again.

I drive a van and have a lot of problems with glare from the top and sides at times.

Ask a Question