Hi from Vancouver BC

Welcome Freeman! I'm in Vancouver as well and have been using my TomTom One for a few months now (and even took it on a road trip to an ashram near Nelson).

The maps aren't perfect (for example, yesterday evening it tried taking me down a portion of a road in the West End that is restricted to bikes) and it once directed me the wrong way down a section of Granville street that is one way. But generally it works well...especially since updating to the 6.65 maps.

On a side note, I just purchased a ProClip (proclipusa.com) mount with integrated charger for my VW Jetta. The mounts are a bit pricy, but it's so nice not having to fumble around with the suction cup and charger.

Enjoy your TomTom!

Welcome Freeman! I'm in Vancouver as well and have been using my TomTom One for a few months now (and even took it on a road trip to an ashram near Nelson).

The maps aren't perfect (for example, yesterday evening it tried taking me down a portion of a road in the West End that is restricted to bikes) and it once directed me the wrong way down a section of Granville street that is one way. But generally it works well...especially since updating to the 6.65 maps.

On a side note, I just purchased a ProClip (proclipusa.com) mount with integrated charger for my VW Jetta. The mounts are a bit pricy, but it's so nice not having to fumble around with the suction cup and charger.

Enjoy your TomTom!
what's weird is that if you go downtown via Granville, it tells you to bare right onto Seymour then left on Robson.

If you ignore that, then it'll recalculate and tell you to continue on on Granville and left at Robson. Why doesn't it do that in the first place. Are Seymour lights shorter than Granville's?

Ask a Question