Hi from Georgia!

Hi there. New Tomtom user here... I just picked up the TomTom One 3rd Edition on Black Friday for $125, and so far I'm loving it!

In looking around, I haven't found the exact answer to this, but haven't looked terribly hard yet. I know there's a difference between the North America maps and the US/Can maps, but I can't figure out what it is! Is it worth looking into getting it, and if so, can I crack open the TT and upgrade the memory to a 2GB card to handle that? I noticed the 3rd edition doesn't have an external SD slot and didn't want to crack it open for nothing!

Thanks!
Jeff

Hello and welcome.

The main difference between the 2 is the NA map has more detail such as displaying parks, rivers, lakes etc.
Your unit can't have the NA map as this is at least 1GB. There isn't really a method to upgrade the storage space on the v3 units.

Thanks for the reply! I actually just found a thread sort of showing the differences between NA and US/CAN. Really stinks that they went with an actual memory chip in the V3 instead of a card, but I'm not complaining for $125! Guess it's a good thing I didn't dismantle the TT (and void my warranty) last night, huh?

I've got what I would consider to be an above average sense of direction, but the wife doesn't at all and she can't read a map to save her life, so this will be a much welcomed addition to the family trips!

Ask a Question