Georgia on my mind!!

TomTom Model(s)
start 60
I have the europe map on my start 60 and on checking the eastern europe map I find the same problem - no mention of the republic of Georgia although all the countries around it are listed. Of course, I'm off to live in Georgia!! Does this mean my start 60 is useless to me or is there another way to get Georgia on my device? As it is all of the external roads stop dead at the Georgia border and the satellite image turns to the road view before the satellite image can be zoomed in.

You're correct, Georgia isn't included. Garmin isn't very helpful, either (see link >> https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/prod6299.html?pvID=7876#coverageTab ) -- not in Europe, not included in Middle East, and they don't add it with their Russian map, either.

I assume if you're moving to Georgia that you are capable of managing the Cyrillic alphabet that is (ahem) also often used in the area. You'd be better picking up a unit locally, I'm afraid. I had thought that Autosputnik offered one with a Georgian map, but it looks like I was mistaken about that, too.

EU-Georgia- Armenia.jpg
I am afraid Georgia and Armenia are not included in the map of Europe.

You're correct, Georgia isn't included. Garmin isn't very helpful, either (see link >> https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/prod6299.html?pvID=7876#coverageTab ) -- not in Europe, not included in Middle East, and they don't add it with their Russian map, either.

I assume if you're moving to Georgia that you are capable of managing the Cyrillic alphabet that is (ahem) also often used in the area. You'd be better picking up a unit locally, I'm afraid. I had thought that Autosputnik offered one with a Georgian map, but it looks like I was mistaken about that, too.

Thanks for the info re the Georgia map. Sadly my Start 60 hasn't yet been used at all... maybe now I have to move it on without using it. Cyrillic isn't used so much in Georgia. It is occasionally on some signs due to previous Russian occupation but normally they use a version of Asomtavruli [ ასომთავრული ]. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info re the Georgia map. Sadly my Start 60 hasn't yet been used at all... maybe now I have to move it on without using it. Cyrillic isn't used so much in Georgia. It is occasionally on some signs due to previous Russian occupation but normally they use a version of Asomtavruli [ ასომთავრული ]. :)
Understood, but I have never seen a map for that area with a Georgian script, only Russian, since the device was made in Russia for Russian travelers to Georgia. If you ever do run across a true Georgian language unit, get back to us with that info, will you?

Ask a Question