Hello

TomTom Model(s)
Start55
First time TomTom user, so will be looking for tips.

First off, updating map and backing up is a real pain!!

First attempt on brand new unit yesterday got me nothing but a map cannot be used with this device error. Just spent a total of 5.5 hours finally fixing that.

Will be out testing unit to see if keeps me going around in circles like my Garmin did just trying to get out of the village I live in!

Hope I can get MyTomTom and TomTom Home to cooperate better on other computers, which leads me to my first question, which I will post in correct forum also, maybe.

Do I need BOTH the MyTomTom AND TomTomHome programs installed on computers?

Thank you :)

Hi and welcome.
For specific questions, we do like you to start new topics in the main forum, but I'll answer your Home/MyTomTom question straight away here.

Simple answer is "No".... You only need one of them. Older models (the ones we call "NAV2") use Home and newer ones ("NAV3") use MyTomTom.

The only oddities are I think the Start 4x and 5x series models like yours, that are new, but still use Home.

If you have already used Home to get the map sorted out, then MyTomTom will be of no use to you at all for those models.

Thank you, Andy.

To be honest, I don't know which one of those really did the trick as they were BOTH running when I got issue fixed!

Ask a Question