Hello from Maryland

TomTom Model(s)
ONE
Well, I figured it was only proper for me to make an introductory thread. I'll hopefully be using my first TomTom ONE GPS in the near future, and I can't wait to try all of the things I've seen here on these forums! Never having a GPS device before, I'm amazed at all of the things they can do. I'll have comments and pictures posted as soon as I can take them.

I've said it a bunch of times now, but this is a great community. Thanks to everyone for all of their hard work and dedication to this site and the community.

It's not fair, someone without a TomTom can enter a TomTom contest.:D
Just kidding , Akeru ! Welcome aboard.

Well... otherwise someone would have 2! I think part of the 'behind the scenes' theory of this contest was to draw more members and non-TT'ers to the site and to TomTom....

Well... otherwise someone would have 2! I think part of the 'behind the scenes' theory of this contest was to draw more members and non-TT'ers to the site and to TomTom....

I agree to that. I think I posted this in the contest forum, but here's my little story:

I've been travelling around a lot looking at houses, since I'm in the market for one. I've been to a lot of locations that I'm very unfamiliar with, and I kept thinking how handy GPS would be. Not to mention I've been wanting one for a long time. Well, one day I went to look at a house and ended up getting lost due to bad directions. I went about an hour out of my way because I was stuck on a highway that I couldn't turn around on, and there were no exits for that long. Needless to say, as soon as I got home, I started researching auto GPS systems!

Now, at this point, remember that I know absolutely nothing about these devices or what they can do, so I'm Googling for any websites I can find that will help me learn about them. I ended up finding a site that had some reviews of various devices, and they also had a link to the TomTom Forums. I saw that there was a contest going on, so I figured I'd go for it! I didn't expect to win, but I was going to give it my best shot. I guess I ended up getting lucky!

After that, I started actually reading these forums. :D I've been learning as much as I can about TomTom devices since the contest, and I think it's great that you can do so many things with them. From all the reviews I was reading, I never would have known that you can do so much more on a TomTom than you can with other GPS devices. I've learned a great deal on these forums, and I'm sure I'll learn a whole lot more when my ONE gets here.

So all in all, I think TomTom wins a customer for life, and these forums gain a new member! Hopefully at least somebody is happy about one of those. ;)

welcome (officially) to the boards.

Im happy that a non GPS user won!

What website directed you to this forum?

Ah yes, welcome Akeru! :) You will make a good test subject for my 'Maryland WAWA POI's experiment!!!!!! :eek:

Well, I saw the mention of this forum and the contest on GPS Lodge. I didn't mention the site before because I don't know anything about it or your relationship with them. Hopefully it's not bad to mention it, but you did ask! :)

Personllay never heard of them.... now I need to go check them out. I really don't go anywhere for GPS stuff except here ever since I found this site and Jason asked me to be a Mod.... everything i ever need for my TomTom ONE has always been right here.... ;)

thanks for the info though! much appreciated.

I've come across GPS Lodge when I was trying to find reviews of the TT1 before I made the decision to buy it. It's an OK site woth lots of reviews.

Anyway, congrats and see yah around the boards.

Thanks for letting me know. Im just curious to see how popular TTF is. Im happy to hear that we are spreading out there.

Just popping in to say I haven't vanished or otherwise disappeared. Patiently waiting for my ONE so I can be more active here. I still read, though. :)

I can't wait for you to get it, either! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and your contributions once you become a true owner. :)

Well, I am kind of anxious, but I'm at least trying to be patient! I'm not exactly sure when to expect it, but I was told it may take up to four weeks, since the way promotions work are a bit complex.

I also can't wait to try it out, I'll definately post my experiences in using it as well as tweaking it and adding things that I've learned on these forums. :)

Ask a Question