Hello from Belgium

Hello,

I live in Belgium, near Brussels and will buy the new Tomtom Golive 1000.:)
I have see that this model is much cheaper in the Netherlands.:p

My question, if I buy this gps in the Netherlands can I use than all the functions and specialy the live functions here in Belgium?:confused:

Thank you for your answer.:)

Patrick

Welcome to TTF.

Look for UK based supermod Mikealder to pop into this thread within 24 hours. He should have a definitive answer as to whether the imbedded sim card in the Netherlands model will work in other countries (such as yours) in Europe.

I think it will but wait for him.............

All the Live units on this side of the "Pond" are now sold with pan European roaming enabled so buy it where you can get the best price - Mike

Patrick.....

Just so you are aware of limitations of that model.

As of now, you cannot add custom poi files, you cannot make an Explorer backup of the contents or see the file structure using Explorer, there is no Itinerary Planning. You will NOT get the current European map on your unit (the current is 855, with 860 due in a few weeks). You will get the 850 map. TT says the Latest Map Guarantee will be extended to 3 months from 1 for users of this model, however.

TomTom does say that support for 3rd party poi files will come 'sometime' in 2011.

Ask a Question