Hello Everyone

HI there,

My name is mohan and I live in India. I am in this fourm as i saw that it was great. i bought a Tomtom 520 in the UK with UK and Ireland maps. It was great as long as I was in the UK. i am a new user and GPS devices are very uncommon in India. Now I have a problem. I am not able to trace my route here in India ( say like in a trekking trail). the GPS recognises my bearings but refuses to accept any new co-ordinates. Any help will be appreciated. i am a rookie and may ask stupid questions. Please do tolerate my questions.

regards

Mohan

Hi mohan, welcome to the forum.

It's more likely the problem is the map you are using. Are you using the UK and Ireland map? If so, it probably doesn't recognize where you are.

You are right

Hi mohan, welcome to the forum.

It's more likely the problem is the map you are using. Are you using the UK and Ireland map? If so, it probably doesn't recognize where you are.

Hi Flex,

Thanks for your quick help.

You are right. It says no point identified near the cursor. I do not have a India map. So does this mean that even the GPS wont work? does it also mean that I need a base map and then it would work?

Mohan

Yes mohan, you would need to get a map of the location you are in for it to function like a GPS.

You will need to get a map of India but I'm not sure if they offer it. Perhaps you can try calling support see what they can suggest.

Thanks

Thanks Flex. I think I am stuck as there is only one company in India (Satnavguide) who make these maps for India and it is not compatable with the 520. they are nice people.

Could I by any chance do a offroad track?

Thanks Flex. I think I am stuck as there is only one company in India (Satnavguide) who make these maps for India and it is not compatable with the 520. they are nice people.

Could I by any chance do a offroad track?

It will work but there are some bugs with running it on NavCore 7. Give it a try.

Ask a Question