Hello all

TomTom Model(s)
one
Hi All,
I'm here because I tried to update my Tomtom One version two and it has wiped everything, I need to use it tomorrow so I'm desperately hoping that someone here can help,
Thanks in advance for any help in pointing me in the right direction.
W

What did you try to update? A map? Application? Do you have a backup made prior to updating?

Was your map that had been on the unit the original map or was it an updated one? If an updated one, we may be able to help. Report back.

I just pressed update on the application that I have. It got stuck saying can't access//tt[something] and then when I tried to start it again the tomtom had crashed. I had to let the battery run down and then it came up saying no maps. The map was an updated one but the card seems to be empty now.

If you have an updated map that was installed at some point, you should find it here in compressed form on your computer:
c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Maps\

See if it is there.

If so,you should be able to reinstall it.

Okay, I gather you had everything on a sd card, not internal for that model. If so, do this:
1. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. If not sure how, see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

2. Delete all the loose files in the root of the sd card, NO folders or their contents.

3. Run the Clear Flash utility on the unit 3 times. Get it here:
http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6211/kw/clear%20flash

4. Connect your unit to Home and install the application that should be offered. Disconnect from Home properly using the Device Disconnect icon.

5. Restart the unit and you should boot to getting 'no maps found'. If so, and if you do find the backup in the folder location of my previous post, you can manually install it on the sd card. See here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/t18197-how-install-downloaded-map-without-using-home.html

It's not worked, it got a bit further with the install but then crashed again. Is there any way I can get all the software and firmware and reinstall the lot? Sort of start from scratch?

Did you find the map in compressed format on your computer? If so, once the backup is made, format your sd card. Don't use quickformat.

Then try again with the connecting to Home with the card installed and see if the application installs.

Also, if you do get an error again, please cut and paste the contents in a post here.

Is there any way I can get all the software and firmware and reinstall the lot? Sort of start from scratch?

That's what dhn is taking you through... stick with him.

Describe everything you do and see in EXTREME detail.

ERROR: HomeBase/IO: Error writing file: G:\ttsystem
@ .\portable\cfile.cpp(1947)
0000045D
in .\portable\cfile.cpp:1947
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:82
error(textOrException);
1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1061
this._commitFailed(i, commitPage);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:80
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:77
this._errorCallback(e);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:69
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 18:11:51 GMT

I just plugged the tomtom in to the computer, then inserted the card and clicked update when the option came up, this came up automatically not prompted.

The above is the detailed description of the error.

I appreciate the help you're giving me :)

I don't see to have the map either, just looked through the tomtom folder on my computer. Have fairly recently formatted my hard drive and so the folder that is there has probably been created when I downloaded the updates.

Well, this is what TomTom says about that kind of error:
http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/minor_detail/a_id/13295/

If you can't find the map where I pointed to, do you happen to see a specific map folder on the unit when you use Explorer? Like Western_Europe or something like that? Maybe, UK_and_ROI? If so, are there lots of files in the specific map folder?

If you don't see any specific map folder, you may need to purchase a map again. And, at this point you have to decide whether to spend money that way or get a different (newer) model that you can update to the current map?

That is a whole other discussion.

p.s. Yeah, you may as well scan and fix ..... if you've made the backup.

Ok, there is no map folder anywhere. Can you suggest a good model to buy? Don't really want to have to pay subscriptions so anything that just does what I need it to do.

Thanks very much for your time too, appreciate it.

Ask a Question