Greetings - New XL350TM &Q?s

TomTom Model(s)
XL350TM
Hello. I am a new XL350TM owner and I have some questions. First ? which is the appropriate area to post my questions about this unit?

Thanks
Craig

Welcome to TTF. I'll move your post to the One/Start/Ease.....forum. As good as any! ;)

Thanks dhn. So here are my questions ? is there a way to get the unit to display a compass heading? Also, what are some files I can safely delete to create more room in the device?

Thanks

I do not think that model has a status bar preference to show compass.

You can use Explorer to delete any files in the license folder that don't have an US_EN in the file name. Remove (using Home) any voices you won't be using.

Thanks dhn. So here are my questions ? is there a way to get the unit to display a compass heading? Also, what are some files I can safely delete to create more room in the device?

Thanks
There's a 3rd party application that may of interest to you here:

Le Web Bazar !!! Offroad Navigator !!!

It's a lot more than a compass, but not knowing what your plans are, it may have some other features you'd like.

Pay attention to the note that says you need a "second program" to avoid screen jitter. It's a patch file that supports the more recent TomTom firmware. That will apply to your unit as well.

I don't know anyone who has tried this one on an XL350 ... the menus on the x50 series units are pared down significantly, but this application should add a menu item at the end of your primary menu list.

OK, another question – can I take favorites from my unit & copy them to my wife’s unit (same model)?
This is done by quickly copying the mapsettings.cfg file from your unit to hers using your PC. A few other things (like recent destinations) and the like will be copied as well, so be sure you haven't visited your girlfriend recently!

It's also possible to open that file with other tools and create a set of POI and create your own custom POI from those favorites.

When you update maps, beware that some models will lose the favorites. It's always nice to have a backup copy of your mapsettings.cfg file on your PC.

Last edited:

Ask a Question