Greetings from NH

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v3
Hi All,

Just got a TomTom ONEv3. As my 1st GPS, I like it. Easy to use, and fun to play with the voices and color schemes.

One question though -- the unit comes with a few preloaded voices, and has several other default voices that are supposed to be available from TomTom. Some of them are available, but others aren't. For instance "Katrina" (English - New Zealand) or "Ken" (English - Australian). It says that they're on CD or downloadable, but obviously the ONEv3 doesn't come with a CD and some of the voices aren't on the website. Does anyone have the voices from the CD that they could send me, or tell me where to download them?

Thanks
Jim

PS: I did download some 3rd party voices like "Steve Dangerous" and Buffy -- they're pretty good too....

Last edited:
Hello and welcome! When you connect through HOME, and choose install voices, it should give you all the free voices as choices. I don't have a ONE myself so can't confirm this... but can you post back?

Hello and welcome! When you connect through HOME, and choose install voices, it should give you all the free voices as choices. I don't have a ONE myself so can't confirm this... but can you post back?

Yeah, I did that. Only some of the voices are available. (I was wrong about Aussie Ken, he is there -- but NZ Katrina isn't.)

These are the ones that seem to be missing from my device AND from Home and tomtom.com:

Sean Irish
Kathy Irish (Although I did download an Irish Kathy with a different icon -- maybe it's the same voice?)
Paul NZ
Katrina NZ

I guess I'm really most interested in the Katrina voice, if anyone has it, since I like the female voices better for navigation.

Last edited:
just wanted to say that i have the same problem. so, sorry, i dont have an answer for you. but i'd like to know what it is. it's just so annoying having these pointless greyed out options you cant use. i would like the voices, but if not, is there any way to get rid of them.

Ask a Question