greetings from Estonia

TomTom Model(s)
tom-tom rider 2 europe
Hello, just got myself a new Tom-Tom rider 2.
Installed it onto Yamaha XT660R. Sry, no pictures yet, im still working on the yamaha, don't want a "half baked" product on the picture.
I love this device and I love you if you help me with my little question in the "tom-tom rider" forum :)
https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=5181

Consider this text below as a little "review", since someone just asked me that why there arent any.

I can almost go swimming with this, the shell seems to be really strong and waterproof.
And i think, it's also coldproof, we have -2 degrees celsius here and after 200km ride the lcd didn't freeze or anything.
It was my nokia phone that didn't like the cold weather so i lost the handsfree function for a while ;) nokia needed a warmer pocket and everything worked after that.
I manage to drop the tomtom twice within the first day and not even a scratch.
the ram mount is strong. my friend has tomtom 1 version and the ram mound isnt grasping the tomtom tight enough. he made some adjustments to it. but i didn't have to. it stays like glued.
The bundled cardo headset is fantastic. Actually, the whole bundle is incredible. Everything you need is in the box. About the headset, in town, i don't even have to close my visor, the microphone doesn't catch any wind noise. And on the road, I can speak clearly and hear the others even when doing ~100mph (schuberth j1 helmet). The tomtom is a great device. It is very accurate and fast, i cannot believe the quality of bluetooth communication.

But there are a few things i don't like about tomtom:
1. Estonia is covered about 70%. I drive mostly on the rest of the 30%. So planning routes is really difficult.
2. It cannot learn new streets. What i was hoping for, is a "learn" mode or something where i can drive small streets / roads etc. that aren't on the map and then give them names etc.
3. if i create a waypoint (by entering coordinates) outside my map (for example, 200 yards away from a street (a field or something), i cannot plan my routes. The first thing i did, i drove to my sisters place (she lives in deep forest and small gravel roads, that aren't on the map) I saved her place as a waypoint. I drove away and later i tried to get back there by entering the new waypoint i created. Tomtom said it cannot go there, the route is not possible. But it should be possible at least to a closest street/road/highway. So I have to manually zoom to her place and find a nearest road and then the route planning works.
4. the tomtom home software sucks a little, since the backup isn't working as it is supposed to. hope i will get an answer to this.

But these are all software related problems and probably some are already tweaked in here. Please post links, if you have any related to my "ills". Garmin allready does almost all that I just mentioned tomtom doesn', but i like tomtom interface more and the country where it came from ;) And garmin comes without the bt headset. AND it's more expensive.

heh, it may look to you that i have more ills than thrills but thats not true. this is my first gps and im really happy with it. still, i carry around some maps on the paper.

Last edited:

Ask a Question