Go 910 vs. KRZR K1

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910
I am full of stupid questions ;) Has anyone gotten the 910 to successfully downloa traffic or weather updates using a Moto KRZR K1? From what I've read it might not work. I know my K1 doesn't work right with the 910. That just blows my mind that such a new phone isn't compatible.

It's the phone manufacturers fault. They (all of them) keep changing their BT profiles. New phone = changed BT profile = TT can't access all the functions!

Motorola KRZR K1 has correct BT profile for DUN(Dial-Up-Networking).
Yes. But my point was that it is different to previous, and subsequent, Motorola DUN profiles. And, different to other manufacturers. Any device wishing to connect through the phone using DUN has to know that profile. Keeping up with all those changes is impossible for any manufacturer.

Yes. But my point was that it is different to previous, and subsequent, Motorola DUN profiles. And, different to other manufacturers. Any device wishing to connect through the phone using DUN has to know that profile. Keeping up with all those changes is impossible for any manufacturer.

Right, I see your point, I do however think he'll be fine. If he tells me who is provider is, I'll probably be able to point him in the right direction.

Maybe some info here : Cingular tethering

or here : Tetheresearch

Do sum research and ask sum questions there and you should be able to accomplish what your trying to do. I'm with Verizon, so I can only try to point u in the right direction.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Ask a Question