Go 910 Sucktion Cup dismantled

TomTom Model(s)
I totally dismantled the suction cup for modification. Here are some pics. The gray disk below the silicon disk is from Hama and bought it through Conrad Electronics for CHF 15.00 ($ 12.00).

Attachments

• P5200611a.jpg
    P5200611a.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 655
  • P5200608a.jpg
    P5200608a.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 556
The modifications I made are shown in the pic. It was something quite simple. I needed the arm to tilt further down thus made the turret slot deeper and made the inner part of the turret to match the turret's slot depth. To keep the correct angle I bended further the arm.

I'm wanted to buy a RAM cradle but unfortunately its not available here in Switzerland and some US dealers don't ship outside the US and others shipping costs are too high.

I went for the flexible dashboard suction cup base since the place I want to mount the 910 is curved.

Question for you guys. Do you think by putting a 1mm ring between the silicon suction and the black suction cup will increase the suction capacity?

Thanks again Pedro. I didn't contact any US dealer. Most of them don't ship to Switzerland and the one that did, shipping cost was between 37-40 USD which is too much for an $8.00 part.

I think I used the wrong term. I don't need all the other RAM components. The cradle has a built-in flange at the bottom for attachment to other RAM parts. Is this flange moulded together with the cradle or is it removable?

That would be great. Thanks in advance. This might be off topic but I find the 910 quiite good except for the mounting system. I used to own a Garmin 2610 which weighs almost the same as the Go910 but the mounting was at the bottom center giving a well balance center of gravity. We have very good roads and highways in Switzerland but I can see the vibration on the Go910 since my car has a stiff sport suspension being one of the fastest sport minivans (240hp for a 4 cylinder engine).

Here are closer pictures of the RAM mount for the 510 710 & 910.
I also included the picture of the diamond base. It is screwed to the mount.
The pictures can be clicked for better viewing. let me know if you have questions.

Here are closer pictures of the RAM mount for the 510 710 & 910.
I also included the picture of the diamond base. It is screwed to the mount.
The pictures can be clicked for better viewing. let me know if you have questions.

Pedro,

Is the head of that ball removable?

Ask a Question