geocaching with the tom tom 910

Can someone PLEASE help me with geocaching with my 910.
after putting in coordinates (lon/lat) how do i see where I am at and which way i am walking? it keeps putting me on the road and not showing me in the woods where i need to be/
thanks
Scott

Can someone PLEASE help me with geocaching with my 910.
after putting in coordinates (lon/lat) how do i see where I am at and which way i am walking? it keeps putting me on the road and not showing me in the woods where i need to be/
thanks
Scott

I tried to geocache with my One and here are some things I learned:

- You have to MOVE for it to know when way you are heading
- If you can, use Tripmaster and set it to stop tracking at the LOWEST level (it kept turning off the tracking at 100m instead of a few feet until I set the correct variable)
- Geocaching with a Nav unit is difficult. I just spent the extra $150 for a garmin unit and use the One to get me to the general area.

Good luck!

I actual bought a garmin etrex legend for geocaching! I found 6 today in my area! The tomtom wasnt even close even when holding next to the garmin off road. the tomtom just knows roads and highways not offroad or trails for geocaching!
Thanks
Scott

The tomtom wasnt even close even when holding next to the garmin off road. the tomtom just knows roads and highways not offroad or trails for geocaching!
That's because the TomTom is for car navigation. Not really a good comparison. How well does the Garmin give you driving directions?

The TomTom maps only contain locations of roads, nothing else. If you can't drive there, the TomTom won't navigate you there.

However, in browse map view you can see your current position. You can, of course, also use Offroad Navigator.

That's because the TomTom is for car navigation. Not really a good comparison. How well does the Garmin give you driving directions?

The TomTom maps only contain locations of roads, nothing else. If you can't drive there, the TomTom won't navigate you there.

However, in browse map view you can see your current position. You can, of course, also use Offroad Navigator.

garmin has oad maps but i wouldnt use it for that. I tried the brose map and it doesnt update often enough. Plus it only gets close as 50 meters also off road nav didnt work so well for my 910. Oh well!
Thanks
scott

Ask a Question