Forum keeps taking a break

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom XL-335TM; Map 935.5811
Anyone else notice that about half the time TomTomForums is taking a break? Sometimes it's down for hours, then other times only for a few minutes.

I can't be the only one seeing this. It started about 3 to 5 days ago after they added the 'facebook' banner... (which I hate).

Last edited:
We've moved to a new server, and some systems have not picked up the change in DNS that took place. It will depend upon where users are pointed for DNS data. Some systems cache DNS data for an excessive length of time, and other DNS servers don't pick up recent data quickly enough. If you see it "come and go", chances are there are multiple servers where you're pointed for resolution, and one server has been updated and the other has not.

Thanks Canderson,

I did notice they changed something, but I was getting a pop-up that "they're taking a break", and then other times I'd get, "TomTom forums has moved". When I try to go the the new address, there's the word 'maintenance' added behind it like below...

It's actually happening more often than not now. Maybe they're trying to work the bugs out still? It's almost useless this way where 9 out of 10 times I get this.

I tried to upload an image or screen capture of what I was seeing, but the forum said I had too many attachments already... over by 2.9meg in fact. I deleted about 20 or 30 of them (a lot of car icons), but it's still says too many.

Ask a Question