Fast Forwarding using the TomTom Player

How do you fast forward within a song or a mp3 file using the TomTom Player?

Are there any alternative players tht are better at this?

The problem for me isn't songs but audiobooks - or rather, podcasts. Holding the Next button just brings it to the next podcast!

It's a real curse - it means that I can't turn off a podcast and take the satnav with me when I leave the car, and then return and resume listening. And some of the areas where I park are pretty dodge.

As for audiobooks, I just tried to load one, and got the message that there wasn't enough room. What the....?

Someone just told me that TomTom are going to stop offering the ability to listen to audiobooks. Apparently customers don't want it.

Scarcely surprising, given how horrid their mp3 player software is.

I'm sure lots of people - truckers, salespeople, government and school inspectors, pilots - who drive long distances would welcome the ability to play audiobooks.

I'm going to buy an expansion chip and see if I can load a couple of books on to it and play them through the TomTom.

Wouldn't mind finding a better app to play them; the only player I found is FrodoPlayer, and it has a few disadvantages. It's Windows-only; it's said not to be developing further; and the user forum has some loutish comments that wouldn't encourage me to seek help there, seeing how others have been sneered at.

I wonder if there's any other mp3 player app that works with the TomTom... mine's a Go 520T.

Ask a Question