Eomtom LE told me to turn too late

TomTom Model(s)
Go 910 and XXL 540 TM
Tomtom LE told me to turn too late

I have had my tomtom 1 le for 2 days . I took a short 50 mile trip on the way home it showed the right street to exit the motorway, but it said at 1/2 mile go right, I had already passed the exit that I was suppose to take. Then when I got to the next exit it did the same thing. Once I got off (I knew I was suppose to get of..but if I was somewhere else who knows) it did the rest of the route o.k. This is a fairly new road maybe 1 year old.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Im not sure if this is a map issue or a tomtom issue.
When it said that, was the verbal instructions following what was being displayed?

Hmm...if it does match, perhaps there is a lot of processing going on that slows down the unit. Do you have a lot of POI's displayed? Have you installed any custom POI's lately?

I am not sure if they both where on or not,
But I think they were. The exit is a couple of blocks from my house, and see if it happens again. Its a new unit, I've got 2 extra pois so far.
The salesperson at bestbuy had said that folks were bring there tt1 back and getting a garmin nivi 200. I hope I don't have that issue. May its just a one time thing.. lets hope.

I tested LE version and my two months old V4!
it looks exactly same, very sensitive and accurate, not give info late!
sometimes, the new road is not update because the map problem not GPS problem!

Last edited:
O.k I redid the route, its a loop (loop375)
not a freeway. This time as well as the first time it says turn on edgemere 1/2 mile it shows edgmer as the next turn, I just needed to take the edgemere exit, when I got to edgemere it was right on the money. Its me learning it, I guess.

Ask a Question