Ello all.

I used to own a Nuvi 650 and decided to try Tom Tom. I purchased a Tom Tom 930 (black) today. I still haven't opened the box and noticed that the 930T has the RDS-TMC Connection.

Can I purchase the RDS-TMC Connection for my 930? Or it is only for 930T?

Should I take it back and get the 930T? I am soooo tempted to open the box and start messing with it.:D

The only difference between the two is the antenna. You CAN buy one for your 920.

But you have not said where you're posting from. Note the European antenna will NOT work in NA and vice-versa.

The only difference between the two is the antenna. You CAN buy one for your 920.

But you have not said where you're posting from. Note the European antenna will NOT work in NA and vice-versa.

...and 920 and 930 are supposedly basically the same, so parts should be interchangable.

There are other considerations:

1. Check TT site for coverage for the receiver in your area. My location has very spotty reception

2. Do you already have a wireless device with a data plan that would work instead. If so, you will get much better reception and service in many areas.

3. However, if you use a bluetooth device for data/traffic, you cannot use the 920 bluetooth remote at the same time. For some %^^& reason, TomTom changed from the 910 remote method to bluetooth. I miss not being able to use both at the same time.

Do your homework on this site and decide before you open the package

Ask a Question