Do the "other" voices get stale?

That's what I've heard....
Especially the ones that have jokes in the phrases. They are funny the first time, but make you want to throw it out of the window after a few repetitions.

I can imagine this would get extremely annoying. Why people pay that kind of money I have no idea....

I was thinking about the Darth Vader one, but then anyone who comes into my car would think I'm a total geek

Some of Vader's lines that TT could use....

Darth Vader: Move the ship out of the asteroid field so that we can send a clear transmission
(I've lost HD Traffic AGAIN!)

Darth Vader: Alert all commands. Calculate every possible destination along their last known trajectory.
(But only if your model supports Itinerary Planning)

Darth Vader: Search your feelings...
(But only within 45 miles, on a new model)

Darth Vader: All too easy.
(Obviously not talking about correcting a road's speed limit with MapShare)

Darth Vader: Do they have a code clearance?
Admiral Piett: It's an older code, sir, but it checks out. I was about to clear them.
(But I STILL can't activate my map!)

I bought the Homer Simpson and Yosemite Sam voices as a novelty when TT had a $10 off $10 coupon within the past 4 months. I posted it on this forum. I got each for less than $3.00 and enjoy them once in a while knowing that's all I paid. No way would I have paid $12.99 each !!

Actually this is a big reason why I prefer Garmin to TomTom. Their celebrity voices used randomized commentary so that you don't hear the same stuff over and over again. The ones I have still say new and funny things after 6+ months.

Yes!
We had Elvis on one of our Tom Toms for about 2 days - after 5 or 6 times of hearing 'You have reached your destinantion, Thank you very much" we decided to send him back to Graceland.

Yes!
We had Elvis on one of our Tom Toms for about 2 days - after 5 or 6 times of hearing 'You have reached your destinantion, Thank you very much" we decided to send him back to Graceland.

:lol: haha I can imagine the Yoda voice is as annoying as well "Your destination, you have reached young jedi" :)

Personally I've found these attempts at "humorous" voices to be a waste of money. After the 10th time of hearing the same phrase, any humor is long gone if you're older than 12.

With that said, if you have a car full of pre-teens, they never seem to tire of hearing/seeing the same thing over and over .:rolleyes:

Ask a Question