Crpoi

Just found this out:
The CRPOI.dat files are the map share correction files.

Lost my last reply but I think, in fact, the file that gets updated with mapshare patches is the mapserverpatch.dat file which resides in your map folder.

To confirm: check the date and size of your crpoi.dat file in the map residing in your download/map folder. I bet it's the SAME as the size and date of the same file on your unit ... AFTER ... your mapshare downloads.

I just got this info from TT directly!

You've been around this and other tomtom forums enough to know that TT is often the LAST place you want to rely upon for accurate info, Infama.:eek:

I stand by my comment about what file I believe is the one. Compare the size and date of it before linking to TT to download Mapshare changes--even tiny ones-- and after the change is downloaded and copied.

I agree with dhn. The crpoi.dat file comes with the original map. My original map backup shows the crpoi file was created 9/25/2007 and the file on my sd card in the tomtom as of this morning has the exact same size, date and time.

Every time a file changes on a computer, the size changes and the date stamp is updated.

I've downloaded a lot of mapshare corrections and this file has not changed in any way since I started using the unit.

No mapshare changes are stored in this file.

Last edited:
Lol

DHN, this is true, but this contact has been reliable so far.

I take your point however, and have recontacted TT for a follow up expalantion.

CRPOI is thus still a mystery that no one has been able to solve so far.

Lol

DHN, this is true, but this contact has been reliable so far.

I take your point however, and have recontacted TT for a follow up expalantion.

CRPOI is thus still a mystery that no one has been able to solve so far.

Yeah, I'm following the same issue in the Brit forum. I've gotten my hands slapped more than once from Andy because of my providing information he disagreed with.

He went EASY on you!!:D

I thought I read somewhere that the CRPOI.DAT had something to do with addresses and the POI.dat... This was in reference to copying the 270mb version of the POIs from the larger NA map to the smaller NA (or USA & Canada) map. If you didn't copy the CRPOI as well, the addresses would be wrong, configured wrong, or something of the sort...
Could this be because (again I read on here) the newer "version" of the POIs is able to handle different information (details, addresses, and/or phone numbers) that is in a different format than previous POI databases? (Something in regards to POIEdit/TYRE not being able to enter/edit all the data that is available to be entered on a TomTom when adding a POI?)
Just throwing that out there - I honestly have no clue.

DISCUSS! ;)

I have been playing with the larger poi's from the NA map on my NA_2GB map, and here is what i've found. I have a 720 not a 920.

I first replaced the original poi file with the larger poi file in my NA_2GB map folder. I enjoyed the additional poi's and everything seemed to work well except when I tapped the "details" button after a poi search and my 720 would freeze up. I just didn't use that button and all has been well for several weeks.

After reading these posts, I renamed my original crpoi and inserted the larger crpoi file from the NA map into my NA_2GB map folder. Now when I tap the details button I get a one line complete address of the POI.

The crpoi files thus appear to contain (or allow) the address details to be viewed.

I have been playing with the larger poi's from the NA map on my NA_2GB map, and here is what i've found. I have a 720 not a 920.

I first replaced the original poi file with the larger poi file in my NA_2GB map folder. I enjoyed the additional poi's and everything seemed to work well except when I tapped the "details" button after a poi search and my 720 would freeze up. I just didn't use that button and all has been well for several weeks.

After reading these posts, I renamed my original crpoi and inserted the larger crpoi file from the NA map into my NA_2GB map folder. Now when I tap the details button I get a one line complete address of the POI.

The crpoi files thus appear to contain (or allow) the address details to be viewed.

I think that may be it!

Ask a Question