BST Forum - Bidding allowed?!?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
I was just wondering, in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum I don't see any rules about not allowing a bidding war.

For example, lets say I choose to list my TomTom ONE at $200 and 'Member A' offers to pay that amount. I then get another PM from 'Member B' informing me of their interest. I have to inform 'Member B' that I already have a buyer. 'Member B' is in desperate need and is willing to pay $250.

Obviously, its in my better interest to accept the $250 but that leaves 'Member A' with no device and he/she was the one who responded first.

I just want to know if this is allowed? I know in some forums, when you list the price thats it, the first person who offers to pay first goes to him.

Thoughts?

Whatever you do thru PM is totally up to you. We are not respnsible for what happens privately.

But we would like to enforce a "no bidding" policy. This is only to protect members from fraud. It has happend on other forums where someone will post an asking price and then when someone shows interest they then make up a story about a higher offer from someone else thru PM to try to get the original buyer to pay more for the item.

I will add this to the rules in that forum. Thank you for bringing it up :)

Ask a Question