Bracket for my new GoLive 1005 is useless.

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live 1005
I'm really struggling to get TomTom to understand that the bracket supplied with the device is the wrong one and useless! The diagram in the manual shows the bracket to have 2 connection points: one to which the device attaches and a similar one under the bracket to connect a cable for a USB point, or cigar lighter in the car. The problem is that the lower connection point on the bracket doesn't exist. When the device is held in the bracket there is no way to connect the device to a point in the car.

Apart from explaining the problem I've sent jpegs of the manual clearly showing the 2 connection points to TomTom but they still seem unable to understand.

Anyone had the same problem?

Wish I had your jpegs. If I recall correctly, the connector on the bottom of the dock is the same as that on the bottom of the unit, and the same cable would be used to power either the dock, or if the device wasn't in the dock, the device itself. Is that a correct description for what you have in your hands? I've added two pictures, one showing the rather longish connector affixed to the dock, and one where it is affixed directly to the unit.

Attachments

• Go Live 1005 Connector.jpg
    Go Live 1005 Connector.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 497
  • Go Live 1005 Connector 2.jpg
    Go Live 1005 Connector 2.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 638
? Looks the same as what I posted. Longish connector that plugs either into the bottom of the dock or into the bottom of the unit, if not docked.

That mount you linked to Arno is exactly the same, they are all "magnetic" mounts. It's just the pictures in the PGPSW review show it without the cable plugged in.

The original mount for the Go1000/1005 has a magnetic latch system and there is a SLOT at the bottom where the large multipin connector on the USB/charging cable fits loosely (seen in Canderson's pic #1).. This means it mates with the TomTom when that is placed on the mount, but the cable can be removed from the mount to be used for connection to the PC or with a home charger. The plug itself has magnets which latch with the socket on the device. (as per Canderson's pic #2)

I believe that some refurb models have been sent out with an different mount with a fixed multipin socket. That mount has a standard micro-USB connector.

Anyway - it's hard to imagine that the OP got a dock with no connector on the bottom. ALL docks have an 'input' connector on them somewhere, even if it's a USB Mini-B on the back somewhere. So one wonders if somehow he got the wrong dock with that unit, and the connector isn't where he's expecting it?

Anyway - it's hard to imagine that the OP got a dock with no connector on the bottom. ALL docks have an 'input' connector on them somewhere, even if it's a USB Mini-B on the back somewhere. So one wonders if somehow he got the wrong dock with that unit, and the connector isn't where he's expecting it?
H

Hi I've attached the same jpegs I sent to TomTom which are taken from their manual. It shows the dock to have 2 connection points, one above for the device and another below for the cable. My dock only has the top connection point for the device.

Attachments

• TOM TOM.jpg
    TOM TOM.jpg
    949.3 KB · Views: 537
So if I understand what you're saying, there's no mating connector at all on the very bottom of the dock?!? Wow - as Arno says, it would be great to see what you actually have. Then perhaps we could identify it for whatever it is, and give you some information you could use when talking to TomTom. Actually, I think I'd be back to the seller on this one!

Somewhere on that dock, there must be a connector of some sort, even if it's not the right sort for the cable you have. Does your cable look like the ones we showed in our pictures?

So Lionel... Does your dock have a SLOT at the bottom?

And did your CAR CHARGER come with a cable with a long, thin, multipin connector at one end?

If so, the connector fits in the slot.

If not, then as others have said, a picture of what you actually have would really help us.

I am really curious to what you have so I have made up an image to what you should be looking at.If your TomTom doesn't look like the picture then I don't think you have the right Holder for your TomTom
Not sure why that happend please try this link "CLICK HERE"

Attachments

• TomTom Help.jpg
    TomTom Help.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 488
Last edited:
Do you see the button under the reply box that says, "Upload a file"?

If you click it, a window opens on your screen for you to select an image. Go to the proper folder it is located in, select it (a jpg is probably best) and it will get uploaded to the reply field.

When you've done your typing, select "More Options..." in the lower right corner. Then click on "Upload a File". That will give you a chance to grab one from your PC.

Do you see the button under the reply box that says, "Upload a file"?

If you click it, a window opens on your screen for you to select an image. Go to the proper folder it is located in, select it (a jpg is probably best) and it will get uploaded to the reply field.

Ask a Question