backward UI?

M_J

when viewing my map (ONE NE) the + is on the left and the - is on the right, when viewing the map view with the slider on the right, the zoom (+) is on the bottom and the zoom out (-) is at the top.

anybody else think that this seems backwards?

m

I just tested what you said M_J, when in the browse map with the slider it zooms out but sliding up and zooms in by sliding it down.

If you change it to left or right hand operation the slider still acts the same but the + or - toggles depending on the option you choose.

thanks for checking on the L/R thing, I must have hit it by mistake. The slider function is still not the "norm" for mapquest, yahoo maps, google maps etc. I wonder how the other GPS's work.

This is definitely a UI that could use some house cleaning.

regards, m

I just checked my ONE NE and the L/R is set up correctly. In the Prefs if you see the "operate left-handed" then it is in right-hand mode. In the manual is says that the Done, Cancel and Zoom bar will move to the left side in left-hand mode and that is how mine works, but.....

in left-hand mode the + in map mode is on the right and the - is on the left, in right-hand mode the + is on the left side and the - is on the right side.

In either case the zoom bar functions the same but it is switched from the right to the left side in left-handed mode.

firmware 6.560

does yours' work the same way?

thanks, m

I just checked my ONE NE and the L/R is set up correctly. In the Prefs if you see the "operate left-handed" then it is in right-hand mode. In the manual is says that the Done, Cancel and Zoom bar will move to the left side in left-hand mode and that is how mine works, but.....

in left-hand mode the + in map mode is on the right and the - is on the left, in right-hand mode the + is on the left side and the - is on the right side.

In either case the zoom bar functions the same but it is switched from the right to the left side in left-handed mode.

firmware 6.560

does yours' work the same way?

thanks, m

Yup, that is how it works.

Ask a Question