Any tweaks for muting NAV voices while listening to music?

Trying to find a way to disable the voice directions while driving. It's annoying when tomtom pauses the music to tell you where to turn next. Rather just look at the tomtom to see. Anyone know of any tweaks?

broadcast the music through your car radio but leave nav directions assigned to the on board speaker (speaker in GPS) and then go into "change preferences" and select mute sound

this way you can still hear music but the GPS will not constantly interupt when giving nav directions

You don't have to mute the sound.
Go to the preference menu and go to the voices preferences
Select 'disable voice'
This will mute the navigation instructions but not the music.

broadcast the music through your car radio but leave nav directions assigned to the on board speaker (speaker in GPS) and then go into "change preferences" and select mute sound

this way you can still hear music but the GPS will not constantly interupt when giving nav directions

Nope didn't work. It mutes both and when I start up some music, it unmutes the v-nav

You don't have to mute the sound.
Go to the preference menu and go to the voices preferences
Select 'disable voice'
This will mute the navigation instructions but not the music.

Unfortunately I don't have that option on mine (tomtom 910 running 6.524 I believe)

There is a TomTom voice available that is silent (if that makes sense).
I'm a newbie on this site so I don't know if I can contact you or be contacted via email.
If you contact me by email I can send you the files that can be installed into the 'voice' folder.

Cheers,

Ask a Question