What are your "MUST HAVE" software apps/tweaks for your unit?

TomTom Model(s)
Hi all,

Wife is gonna kill me but tonight I am Tom Tom'ing it....LOL....we are on our way to dinner...(thanks Pedro for all the help...wife gave me a 5 min reprieve)....

What are your must have apps/software 3rd party for the Tom Tom?

So far interested in Tripmaster...

Hearing about Tyre but usure what that is right now....

So what do you run on your TT and why?

Thanks in advance!

I have the ONE so my apps are

Suntime, NanoX 1.3 and MobilNova.

Suntime - we don't have the light sensor like you do on the 910
NanoX 1.3 - some games to keep me occupied should I need to wait for someone/something
MobilNova - same as above but watching movies instead.

I'm still learning about TYRE and Google Earth and how it plans itineraries via set routes.

Out of all those above mentioned, I think NanoX would be a "must-have" for me. Movies I can do without but hell, the games on NanoX are much better than those on my cellphone!

On my ONE I have:

Suntime - Just what Nextourer mentioned above, its a great app for the ONE but useless for 910.
NanoX 1.3 - I play mostly Chess and PipePanic (great game :D)
MobilNova - I bit the bullet and paid for this software. Allows playback of video.
Tripmaster - Pretty much a must have in terms of functionality
Offroad Navigator - Another great app. I'm still fairly new to this program but you can use this as a compass essientially. It's a great app for the ONE because its so portable.

When you have the time check them out.

On my ONE I have:

MobilNova - I bit the bullet and paid for this software. Allows playback of video.

DF, how is this software? I want to use my 910 to play movies! I have around 30 movies on my IPod which are MP4 files.
Can these files also work for MobilNova? How is the display, sound, etc?

DF, how is this software? I want to use my 910 to play movies! I have around 30 movies on my IPod which are MP4 files.
Can these files also work for MobilNova? How is the display, sound, etc?

It's actually pretty good. I was just impressed the fact the unit can play movies. I bought it because the demo only did 20 second conversion of the video and didn't want the trouble of trying to make sequential 20 sec clips to create a single 'movie'. Also, because the ONE has a very slim, compact design, it becomes a portable player. If it supported playlists then I would just stick to the demo, create a playlist and play your entire movie with 20 sec clips :D I guess they didn't support it for this reason.

The sound is OK not exactly 5.1 sound, so I avoid putting music videos because you won't be enjoying it as much as opposed to playing it through your car stereo. I find myself putting the volume high to drown out the natural noises of the car (engine running, wind blowing, noises outside etc. etc.) in which I worry about that a little because I can feel the vibration when I hold the unit. I sometimes think it might blow out the speaker.

It does support MP4 so you shouldn't have a problem with that. I would really recommend trying the DEMO version. I think with the 910 with the bigger screen I think you might like it.

I know what I said about the sound may be bad but if you think about it, the ONE was never designed for video playback and so I tip my hat to MobilNova for adding this functionality to the unit.

Try it out, let me know what you think.

I might try it out, thanks.
The plus side to my setup is having my unit connect to my car's speakers :D

Tyre & Google Earth, MS Street & Trips - and all the POI convert programs: GPSBabel, POIEdit, POIConverter ...
Menu Builder to make custom menu (I put all route planning options on the 1st or 2nd screen).

Tyre & Google Earth, MS Street & Trips - and all the POI convert programs: GPSBabel, POIEdit, POIConverter ...
Menu Builder to make custom menu (I put all route planning options on the 1st or 2nd screen).
In addition to the menu builder, you can make clear route a one tap function (no confirmation) if you wanted to.

It's actually pretty good. I was just impressed the fact the unit can play movies. I bought it because the demo only did 20 second conversion of the video and didn't want the trouble of trying to make sequential 20 sec clips to create a single 'movie'. Also, because the ONE has a very slim, compact design, it becomes a portable player. If it supported playlists then I would just stick to the demo, create a playlist and play your entire movie with 20 sec clips :D I guess they didn't support it for this reason.

The sound is OK not exactly 5.1 sound, so I avoid putting music videos because you won't be enjoying it as much as opposed to playing it through your car stereo. I find myself putting the volume high to drown out the natural noises of the car (engine running, wind blowing, noises outside etc. etc.) in which I worry about that a little because I can feel the vibration when I hold the unit. I sometimes think it might blow out the speaker.

It does support MP4 so you shouldn't have a problem with that. I would really recommend trying the DEMO version. I think with the 910 with the bigger screen I think you might like it.

I know what I said about the sound may be bad but if you think about it, the ONE was never designed for video playback and so I tip my hat to MobilNova for adding this functionality to the unit.

Try it out, let me know what you think.
The demo is 2 mins actually.

I thought it sounded good at the default volume but then again I only watch movie clips while stopped (law here says I can't have a movie playing if it's in the line of sight of the driver and well, my ONE is in my line of sight haha)

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/-1)

Right, I forgot to add the 1 in front the 20 LOL.

When the car is in motion, I play music [mp3's converted to mpeg-1]. The video's are handy when your waiting for someone in the car.

Thanks for that - I've downloaded it but my knowledge of French is absolutely nil so I have little idea of what to do as all of the important text in the text file is in French!

Last edited:

Ask a Question