Any reflection solutions re:shield?

Hi,

I'm new to the TomTom "family. I bought a 910. I'm going to do the proclip/ram solution in my '03 F-150. Has anyone fabricated a sun shield for, well, any model? I'm thin king about making a fiberglass contraption with a top and 2 sides. The ones sold in the UK won't work due to the RAM TT910 mount. The good news is it won't have to be "stuck" to the TT, but to the mount.:)

For anyone who has the RAM mount (this may have been discussed in the past) I modded the speaker grill area on the RAm holder to remove 2 of the little plastic bars. It seems to be clearer. Sylvia(UK) voice is sexy, but She's very breathy and soft. Sadly, the woman behind the voice probably looks like a pitbull...........or Rosie O'donnel.

At any rate, TIA for any ideas.

Dave

Is the UK shade you mentioned the Drumma?

http://www.drumma.co.uk/tomtom-go-510-710-910.html

I'm not familiar with the mount you will use or why this shade might not work, but I had one for my Go Classic, which had a highly reflective screen, and it worked wonderfully. It has a snug fit and just slips on and off from the top.

The other choice is American: the GlareStomper.

http://www.glarestomper.com/gps_accessories/316.html

I've owned this one too, because it's made of cloth and folds up compactly, even acting as a screen protector. It was my choice for when I travelled by plane and rented a car. It doesn't look as sharp as the Drumma, however. It sticks on to your unit with velcro.

I now own a ONE and I find that the screen is so much less reflective that I don't really need a shade in most situations.

Thank You!!!!!

The glare stomper is what i need. The Drumma won't work with the RAM mount for the 910.

THANKS!!!!!

Ask a Question