Powered mounting solutions for 920

TomTom Model(s)
GO920 & One XL-S
I am looking for a powered mounting solution for my 920. Something that I can wire directly into my truck and just slip the 920 into the mount.

I have read about the Pro Clip system and the Carcomm system (although I can't find anyplace that sells the Carcomm systems in the US).

I am basically lazy and would like to find a better way to mount the 920 in my truck that doesn't involve plugging the unit in to the power port and having to un-plug it everytime I stop somewhere, etc., etc.

Just wondering what (if any) powered mounting systems people are using.

Last edited:
flex-mount

I use this mount with my XLS. Had to modify for my desired mounting location. Enables the TT to slide in and out easily. Comes with lighter plug and for hard wiring.
Model available for 920 and $30-35
Sorry about web address--will get you close.

http://www.pdamods.com/proddetail.asp? prod=111ATTXLFLEX

Last edited:
That mount appears to be exactly what I am looking for.

How did you go about ordering it? I could not find any US shipping options. Also, all of the listed prices are in British pounds, how much does this unit sell for in US dollars and how much was the shipping charge.

Thanks.

Buy mouny

Mark:

Think you can buy it from the UK on your credit card and it will be converted to US.
Believe the same seller is on eBay about $29.99 plus shipping. About $7-8 shipping with about seven days to receive it.

http://stores.ebay.com/Technology-R-US

Have my unit hardwired--when key removed TT shuts down

Hope this info might help.

Last edited:
Mark:

Think you can buy it from the UK on your credit card and it will be converted to US.
Believe the same seller is on eBay about $29.99 plus shipping. About $7-8 shipping with about seven days to receive it.

http://stores.ebay.com/Technology-R-US

Have my unit hardwired--when key removed TT shuts down

Hope this info might help.

Couldn't see where they were selling any hard wired mounts on the Ebay listings. I sent out an email. Maybe I'll here back from them tomorrow.

I went ahead and ordered the PDAMods mount, and it is now installed. I love it.

I wired it into the delayed off power wire for the radio and I set the 920 to power off if it looses external power. When I turn off the truck, it stays on for some number of minutes or until a door is opened, then it goes into the 10 second shutoff countdown. I never have to remember to turn it off or unplug the cord from the cigarette lighter. :D

Here is a bad picture of the mount installed in my F-150:

35381.JPG

Last edited:
An update on this mount.

I got into the truck yesterday and discovered that the mount was no longer supplying power to the TomTom. I checked the fuse which was fine. I tested the wire and it was providing power. Tried plugging in the mount using the cigarette lighter plug, still nothing. Further testing has convinced me that the internal transformer(?) has died.

I have sent emails to sales and tech support at PDAMounts to see what my options are. Hopefully there is some kind of warranty.

[edit] Just got a return email from PDAMounts. Will post up when this situation resolves.

Last edited:

Ask a Question