910 going back for repair

TomTom Model(s)
910 w/ v7.10 maps
Well my 910 had developed battery problems and its only 6 months old.

It went from 4 hour run time to 30 minutes of run time, overnite.

It also went from holding a full charge forever (when not in use), to depleting the battery in 2-3 days.

After a 45 minute (on hold) call to TT, they decided to tell me to turn it in for repair. The tech rep first tried to tell me that this is normal. Yea, right!

And yes, it is accepting a full charge from the charger. And no, not overcharged.

I am wondering If I will get my unit back (with my my new V710 maps)?

Randy R.

You will probably get a refurbished unit back without new maps (like I did). However, re-installing the maps is not a big deal if you have the download on your computer in TT home. If you have trouble activating - call customer service.

If you have a recent backup (like just before you sent it off), try that first. If the map has a problem recognizing the new unit - again call customer service.

I have had 4 replacement units from TT. First 3 were because of bad batteries. I have also had a replacement mount and cigarette lighter cord. New maps were given me by TT after 3rd replacement.

UPS tracking shows my repaired unit scheduled for delivery tomorrow (5-20). We will see what I get. I did do a complete backup before sending.

Randy R.

Well, I received my (Refurb) 910 back today. I want to stress REFURB. The 910 I sent in was in mint cosmetic condition. The REFURB I received back was far from that. Used and abused!

It also contained the old maps and old software.

It took a LONG call into TomTom tech to get my new maps back.

I also complained about the condition of my 910 and was basically told 'tough luck", thats all they have left. I reminded them they have my MINT unit.

I don't agree with their reburb policy.

Randy R.

Ask a Question