910 Battery recovery

This is just for information, don?t know if it will help anyone.

When in guarantee it would not work taken off the charger, returned to TT who said no fault found.
Some time ago the same thing happened and I resigned myself to only using it whilst on the charger. I hadn't used it for about 4 months and now it works off the charger, the battery indicator is fully charged and it seems to work fine.

This looks suspiciously like the information in "volatile" memory being lost when the battery became fully discharged owing to time.

When recharged a "flag" that had been set was no longer there and this alowed the battery to fully charge with the result described.

The same result could possibly have been achieved witjh a battery disconnect for a few minutes - but TT in their wisdom have made this a very difficult thing to do and, as some owners have discovered, is fraught with danger.

Why is it that manufacturers seem reluctant to make life easy for their customers, which would occur if they designed so that power is provided by an array of removable AAA cells? Using NiMH rechargables would allow the recharge facility but AAA dry cells can be used in an emergency. You can buy these almost anywhere.

Happy that the "fault" has been eliminated - apparently.

Thanks for the heads up.

Go930User

Ask a Question