720 Text To Speech

Hey everyone, posted this in the wrong spot at first, but I hope I"m in the right place now.....

My question is, I have a new 720, and learned that it does not have text to speech right out of the box, instead you have to download it off the installation CD. The only problem is that when I go into "maps, traffic and voice" then "voices" all files that my tomtomHOME can read off my CD all come up as "this item can not be installed on your device" PLEASE HELP I don't know where to find the English US and UK text to speech voices....

Thanks,

Marco

A 720 does have TTS right out of the box but it does, as you mention, require the computer voice to make it all work.

Forget the CD. Connect to the computer. Start TTHome. Click on Add maps/voices. NOW, arrow right two screens to Computer Voices. You should see by default two m and 2 f voices, one each for US and one for UK.

Select the one(s) you want and dl them.

Be aware, because of space restrictions, you may only have room to install one ata time.

Ask a Question