2006 Ford CVPI

TomTom Model(s)
GO-910
That's CVPI for Crown Victoria Police Interceptor.

5zh2xxy.jpg

I took the photo with my camera phone during my shift last night just before dark.

I've got the standard mount that came with it. With all the warnings about the sucky mount I've had no problems so far. This is the third shift with the TT 910. Rapid acceleration and rapid breaking repeatedly, along with potholes and curbs, and I've had no trouble keeping the TT in place with little to no vibration.

The red cable under it is the line out to a C Crane FM Transmitter. I'd like to get the 910 mount with built in FM txer. The CC one is crappy. On a totally dead freq with several dead freq's on either end the unit has a great deal of difficulty maintaining any kind of signal that's worth listening to. I eventually got fed up and quit using it to listen to my MP3's.

I don't need the 910 for much navigation at work but it's really handy in displaying streets ahead as I'm driving. I can find my cross streets before I get to them without using my spot light to check the signs. That's real handy. I have used it to find a few places I didn't know and it did a great job getting me there.

If I leave the cruiser in a bad neighborhood for any length of time I'll usually take down the 910 and hide it. We don't have trouble with police units getting broken into but I don't want to start the precedent.

If I can figure out TripMaster I'll post a good track from a pursuit or something.

Last edited:
Yeah thats pretty neat, I thought police cruisers already have GPS installed on them hehe.. well the ones in LA looks that way at least, but I might be wrong.

Yeah thats pretty neat, I thought police cruisers already have GPS installed on them hehe.. well the ones in LA looks that way at least, but I might be wrong.

Every agency is going to have different systems. All the employees of my city could retire for what it would cost to get Motorola's GPS system integrated with city GIS and the dispatch system.

At one time I was looking at relocating and rode with Westminster, Colorado PD. When you get dispatched there you could pull up a map and see your location. You could see your backup officer as well. You could zoom the map down to the call location as well. Those were GIS maps not what we use for our GPS nav system. That means you could zoom down to the street and see the tax map information and see that when you turn onto the street you are going to the 6th house on the left. Very nice system. There was no navigation ability that I saw, but you could see yourself driving across the map.

Last edited:

Ask a Question