Here's my TT910

TomTom Model(s)
Finally I got hold of a RAM cradle. I didn't think the RAM accessories would match the car's interior, thus this is what I ended up with. Parts used are; RAM cradle (notice the tabs cut off), Brodit plate (cut to RAM's diamod shaped base), and a Nokia mobile holder mounting accessory. The 910's front plastic and aluminum facia are covered with a black, semi-luminous self adhesive foil thus on some pics it looks silver due to the camera's flash, and the 910's screen is protected with Brando's anti-glare screen protector. As of the moment only the power cable and TMC cable are plugged in. I ran out of time and need my gps tomorrow. I will install the mic, gps antenna and wire it to my car's stereo when I install the amp and sub. My car btw, is a 2007 Opel Zafira OPC, 7-seater sports minivan with stock 4-cylinder, 240bhp engine. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 683
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 516
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 489
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 463
Thanks Pedro. I actually ordered 2 cradles just in case I damage one due to experiments. I had it shipped to our US office and asked the US office to send it to me when they ship parts back to Switzerland.

The console looked a bit bare and since I won't be mounting any phone holder and there was no other better place, then that's where the remote landed and it works even without taking it out from it's cradle. Reach is excellent and glare is way much less. It was terrible when the 910 was mounted on top of the dashboard's center console or windshield using the suction cup. (My old Garmin 2610 had a better screen and glare was never a problem with or without a screen protector). As you said, vibration is gone. Next step is to make the 910 cradle higher in order to have a better line-of-sight view and access to the few head unit buttons although seldom used. Preferably almost in-line with the car's on-board computer's screen. After which, I want to make a visor to prevent as much glare as possible. Sun can shine here till 11pm during summer. I also plan to cover the 910's cradle with leather (which I already have) to match the Kuda console.

Ask a Question