Tomtom display

I am having a problem with the display brightness on my Tomtom 730. It will start out ok, and then for no reason it will darken up and we cant see the screen. If I turn it off and restart it sometimes it will be ok for a while but sometimes it will revert back to a dark screen. Other times it seems to be ok for days. I have checked all the brightness preferences etc and they all seem ok. What could the problem be? :(

Not knowing where your unit is mounted...

In the Brightness preferences, be sure you've unchecked the "Turn brightness down when dark". I know you say you've reviewed them, but you might be surprised at what the sensor thinks "dark" is.

Yes, "Turn down brightness when dark" is unchecked. It happens when the unit is mounted on the windscreen or when inside or on my lap. At first I thought it had got overheated but it happened at times when it wasnt in the car to get hot?

Ask a Question