Tomtom 3rd edition display turnoff

Hello everybody,
I have a tomtom 3rd edition with application 8 and maps Western Europe 8.
The strange behavior that appears is the turnoff of the display (3,5") if there are more than 2 Km of the next action or recalculation of the new path...

I already checked out the setting of the menu, and I put on the selection "not disable view map after reached speed".

I wonder if it possible to disable this function through the setting or may be from rearrange some file into the SD...

Somebody could help me?

many thanks in advance

There is a preference to turn off map between instructions (I think it is on the battery savings preference and is there for firmware PRIOR to 8.3, as I remember). Check that.

Many thanks for very fast response.

So, where can I find this firmware option?
In the application program or in other parts?

Thanks

I have a 3rd edition and I use the 'turn off dispay between instructions' sometimes. It's under the 'brightness' settings.

Tap...
  • Change Preferences
  • right arrow
  • right arrow
  • Brightness preferences (you'll see the sliders for day and night brightness)
  • tap done
  • tick 'never turn off screen'
Hope this helps.

Very kind of you,
I tried but after "tap done" there isn't any "tick never turn off the screen", that tick is it present in "Security preference" but nevertheless it's already set on...

Could depends it on some file present in SD? perhaps I erased them unwilling...?

Thank for helping me, Have a great day!

Finally, problem fixed...

I charged the default setting... now it seems it works properly...

Many thanks for your helping!

Poly.

Ask a Question