No maps found!

Tried that already. Just did it again anyway. Still stuck on TT720 page. No application? No map?

I really appreciate all your efforts (even though it's been a pain in the butt). I'm not sure my new one is going to be a TT.

Gridlok:(

Tried that already. Just did it again anyway. Still stuck on TT720 page. No application? No map?

Can you be specific on what the screen looks like where you're stuck?

Also, in your map backup folder, can you post a copy of the filenames/file sizes?

I'm not 100% convinced that you're problem is unrepairable.

I gave up. I wanted to get another brand just cause I was pi$$ed off, but no other brand seemed to work with my cel. I am the proud owner of a GO730.

God save us all!!!

Gridlok

I too had exactly (sort-of) the same problem after updating my Go720 with a new NA map and QuickFix...
First the device went into a re-start loop. I had to reset it to get it to stop trying to restart. Then I noticed that my Favorites were all missing. Luckily I had a WE backup from a while ago that I could copy my "MapSettings.cfg" file from back into the device. (I had learned this trick a few years ago when I had previously updated my map and had lost my Favorites then too. I guess I learn some things slowly) Anyway after copying the .cfg file into the device and re-starting it I got the "No Maps Found" error message. Of course the map was still in the device. After spending 40 minutes on a Friday night on hold waiting for someone from TomTom Technical support to pick up I sent them an email explaining that I was stuck, asking for help. I still haven't heard back from them (40 hours later).
Today I tried again after reading htis thread, and after two sessions of updating my device with new app and whatever else (not the map), The device booted and I could navigate again. Amazingly, even though I had to reset the preferred language, time zone, voices, etc, my Favorites and recent destinations data is intact! I have since managed to re-connect my device with the computer with no problem, until I noticed that my device password security was missing. I re-entered that (via TomTom Home), and since then I have not been able to connect my device to my computer. When I turn the device on, instead of asking it I want to connect to the computer it instead asks for my password. How do I get around this one?:confused:

Pin Reset? No. I'm a little reluctant to reset for fear of losing what I now have. Do you have any reason to think that a reset will bypass the password security? That doesn't seem like much security to me, unless it also wipes the device so it is like new.

A pin reset does NOT set things to factory defaults and normally does not clear a password either. But if the situation is as you've described, something else is going on here.......

I don't suppose you made an Explorer backup prior to entering your password again and after you got it up and running?

Also, when you boot up when it's not connected to the computer, does it ask for a p/w? And, if so, can you enter one?

I don't suppose you made an Explorer backup prior to entering your password again and after you got it up and running?

No. In retrospect I should have, but I was (naively) assuming that I wouldn't need it.​

Also, when you boot up when it's not connected to the computer, does it ask for a p/w? And, if so, can you enter one?

Yes, it does what it has always done: It doesn't actually ask for a password: It merely displays the owner info and then provides an on-screen keyboard so you can enter the password code. When I enter the code it immediately displays a navigation map. I never get asked if I want to connect to the computer. Is there a way to force the connection?​

Yes, that did it. I'm not quite sure what this pin reset actually does... It appears "harmless" and it seems to cure many device ills, but it's actual function is still a big mystery. Is there an official explanation? Thanks for your help.:)

It reboots the unit. The power switch really only put the unit into sleep mode.

Same as rebooting the computer cleans out accumulated 'cobwebs' on your computer that waking the unit from 'sleep' does not.

Ask a Question