Maps not found - even after following TomToms help guides

:wave::wave::wave:

So my dad is about 52 and needed help with his tomtom. I'm a bit more technical than him so offered to update his maps after having the same map for the past couple of years now.
So I went on to the site as usual, downloaded the maps, downloaded some voices etc and after following all the instructions the 'Maps not found' screen appeared.

So my first attempt of fixing this was to rename the downloads folders and reinstall the back up of the old map. Didn't work.

I got a paperclip and held the 'reset' button down. Didn't work.

Emailed TomTom support a few days a go. Didn't work (heard nothing back)

Is there anything else I can try? And is there anyway I can get the new map to work? My dad is also impatient and starting to put pressure on me to get the stupid thing fixed. :(

It's the TomTom One 3rd Edition

Thanks in advance :)

If you downloaded the map, it shoud be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps\

First, using Explorer, do you see a specific map folder on the unit? Something like UK&ROI?

Anyway, I'd make an Explorer backup of the unit's contents. don't use Home.

Then connect to Home and see if an application update is offered. If so, download just that and nothing else. Disconnect from Home properly using the Device Disconnect icon and reset the unit (think there is a dedicated reset hole for that model. If not, hold the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum sounds).

Still no map found?

If so, connect to Home and go to Add Voices/Maps etc and right arrow to 'Items on Computer'. Does it show the map you downloaded? If so, select to install.

If that doesn't work AND you did find the map where I showed above, try installing without using Home.

See here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...nstall-downloaded-map-without-using-home.html

Thanks for the tips there.

I gave all those options a try, even the last one but I'm still getting the 'no maps found' screen.

If you have any other thoughts, I would be appreciated if you could share them. However I will be giving their helpline a call in the morning.

Thanks again :)

Ask a Question